Jesus replied: “Before Abraham was, I am.”
God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelite’s: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’“ (Exodus 3:14)
1 Corinthians 1:30
But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—
Now, that is wonderful! Notice that God does not dispense wisdom apart from Jesus. He is our wisdom! We don’t have a sanctification or holiness that is manufactured or flawed. Jesus is our holiness! His person is our redemption!
Health, healing, provision and supply are not just things or gifts that God gives you. God gives you Jesus. Jesus is all you need!
Jesus is the I AM…….
- And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” -John 6:35
- Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”-John 8:12
- “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”-John 10:9
- “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”-John 10:11
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”-John 11:25, 26
- Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”-John 14:6
- “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”-John 15:5
- John 8: 58 Before Abraham was, I am
On Mount Moriah where God provided Abraham with a ram for sacrifice in place of Isaac, we see the first mention of the compound names of God—Jehovah-Jireh. (Genesis 22:1–14) “Jireh” means “to see and to provide”, but what the Hebrew means literally is that the Lord, Jehovah, is Jireh! Just as you cannot separate forgiveness from the forgiver, you do not have prosperity apart from Jehovah. He is your provision, prosperity and supply!
In Exodus 15:26, we find mention of the name Jehovah-Rapha at the place where God healed the bitter waters of Marah, so that the children of Israel could drink. In English, that name is often translated as “the Lord who heals you”, but in the Hebrew, it literally means “I am healing, I am health”! God is not saying, “I will give you healing,” or “I will provide you with health.” He is saying, “I am your health! I am your healing!”
First Samuel 15:29 says, “And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent…” The word “strength” here, natsach in Hebrew, means “victory that abides”—perpetual victory. Notice that victory is a person—God Himself. He is the strength, success and victory of His people!
Whatever your station in life, whatever career you are in, the Jesus being with you is all that you need because the blessing is not in your company or situation. Your well-being is not dependent on things that are subject to change. It’s all dependent on the unchanging person of the Lord Jesus, who is the Alfa and Omega, the beginning and the end, the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.
Jesus is the I AM